One of the attributes that we feel sets the public adjusters at Tutwiler & Associates apart is that we strive to set a higher standard of service and professionalism to our clients. We not only adhere to the standards of the trade organizations we belong to but also have established our own guiding principals. Each public adjuster at Tutwiler & Associates is expected to undergo continuous training to incorporate the latest public adjusting knowledge for the benefit of our clients but also to set an example of professionalism and ethical standards for the industry. The platform for our guiding principles is embodied in our mission statement.
“Tutwiler & Associates mission is to serve the best interests of policyholders at the time of their loss and provide the very best professional insurance adjusting, loss consulting, and appraisal service available. We pride ourselves in providing this service based on our ethics, experience, integrity, loyalty, and professionalism.”
- As the work of adjusting insurance claims engages the public trust, our claims adjusters will put the duty of fair and honest treatment of the policyholder above the adjuster's own interest in every instance.
- Our public adjusters shall not undertake the adjustment of any claim which the adjuster is not currently competent and knowledgeable about the terms and conditions of the insurance coverage, or which otherwise exceeds the adjuster's current expertise.
- Our claim adjusters shall handle each and every adjustment and settlement with honesty and integrity and allow a fair adjustment or settlement to all parties without any enumeration to himself except that to which he is legally entitled.
- Each public adjuster upon undertaking the handling of a claim shall act with dispatch and due diligence in achieving a proper disposition thereof.
- Each public adjuster shall exercise extraordinary care when dealing with elderly clients, to be sure that they are not disadvantaged in their claim transactions by failing memory or impaired cognitive process.
- As public adjusters, we shall not prevent or attempt to dissuade a claimant from speaking privately with the insurance company, their adjusters, attorney, or any other person regarding the settlement of their claim.
- We pledge to steadfastly avoid any false or misleading representation of our services or claims filed on behalf of our client.
- We are committed to our obligation in providing the best possible service to all of our clients. We value our place in the community and recognize our responsibility as local business people.
- We support the aims and objectives of National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters and participate in efforts towards the advance of our industry through its programs, services and education.
- Our firm subscribes to and supports the Ethical Requirements for Public Adjusters as outlined in Florida Statutes 626.954 and the Code of Ethics as outlined in the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters Rules of Professional Conduct and Ethics.