FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Florida public adjuster recommends New Year's resolutions for Legislature, insurance carriers
Tutwiler and Associates brings almost four decades of knowledge to insurance policyholders this New Year.
January 4, 2011 / TAMPA, Fla. /
January 4, 2011 / TAMPA / This week brings a new year and a full plate for the Florida Legislature--lawmakers will swear in Rick Scott as governor, and state senators will reintroduce the insurance bill once vetoed by Governor Charlie Crist.
With so much on the horizon in 2011 for Florida insurance policyholders, certified public adjuster Charles R. "Dick" Tutwiler of Tutwiler and Associates offers a few New Year's resolutions for lawmakers and consumers:
1. Policyholders should closely review their insurance coverage early in the New Year, specifically the value of their first-party property coverage on their home and/or business.
2. Policyholders in multi-family residential units and commercial businesses should consider obtaining a pre-loss inspection. They should educate themselves on ownership issues with the help of their agents and brokers as it relates to property insurance. Tenants in commercial building spaces and unit owners in condominiums have unique insurance needs.
3. The Florida Legislature should hold open and transparent hearings on any new insurance legislation, including rate increases.
4. The Legislature should also consider the impact on consumers when redefining what constitutes damages as it relates to insurance claim filings.
5. Lawmakers should consider our snowbird friends whose water damage claims under some forms now in force will not be covered if damage occurs while they are out of town.
Tutwiler and Associates, with close to 40 years as a certified public adjuster in Florida, says Governor-elect Rick Scott will likely move to deregulate the insurance industry; this will only give insurance companies the latitude to increase their rates. As it stands now, insurers must travel to Tallahassee and make their case to charge higher prices.
The licensed and certified public adjuster Tutwiler and Associates operates throughout Florida and in nine other states, as well as in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Tutwiler and Associates
Phone: (800) 321-4488
For more information, please visit www.PublicAdjuster.com
About Tutwiler and Associates: Tutwiler and Associates is a firm of public adjusters licensed in 10 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands specializing in commercial and residential property loss adjusting. With well in excess of $113 million in client success stories over a 27-year history, the Florida public adjusters work exclusively on behalf of policyholders to help them achieve the maximum settlement amounts they can fairly and honestly recover based on their loss and their policy provisions. Professional help from the adjusters at Tutwiler and Associates can help clients obtain a fair recovery under their policy. The Gulf Coast based public adjuster firm is committed to public service and strives to educate its clients about commercial and residential windstorm and hurricane losses, flood damage, fire, smoke and water damage, collapse, hidden decay and mold losses, sinkholes, loss of stock, and business interruption.